Friday, July 13, 2007

Another new bike!
Well, Tammy and I ended up stopping by Trek of Raleigh and could not resist the temptation of a 2007 Madone 5.2 SL! As it turned out I had to order one to get the size and color I wanted but after an anxious week of waiting it finally showed up! I left work early to pick it up and get it built and hopefully ride that night. Of course the new bike curse hit and we had thunderstorms that night. And the next night. Finally last night I was able to take it out on the usual 20 mile loop!

All I can say about this bike is WOW! I understand how the pros go so fast! It seemed nearly effortless to cruse solo at 20-23 mph! I don't know if it is the position, lighter wheels, better bike or all of the above but this bike is fast! I averaged nearly 2 mph faster on this bike than the old Giordano - which btw is up for sale.

The really scary thing is the new 2008 Madone is suppose to be substantially better than the '07... good thing I did not test ride that bike.

So if you want an incredible road bike, head over to Trek Bikes of Raleigh and check one out!

Now for the good part, pictures!



0 comments:

Post a Comment